Forms should be submitted via Self Serve whenever possible. PDF versions of these forms are also available below:
- Use this form to add or remove a course from your semester schedule. You can also do this by logging into your Self Serve account. For instructions, visit our registration page. The amount of your refund can be determined by the schedule on our tuition page.
- Use this form to change your major from one degree/certificate program to another. Please note that this may change your degree requirements and/or academic progression, so this should be done only after consulting with your academic advisor.
- With the consent of an instructor, a grade of Incomplete (IN) is assigned when a student is temporarily prevented from completing the required coursework by the end of the term. You must request the incomplete from the instructor before the term ends, and it may only be granted if at least 75% of the coursework has been completed. Coursework must generally be completed before the end of the following semester.Students may file a formal request for additional time to complete the missing work by submitting the Incomplete Extension form. This extension may only be granted under extenuating circumstances upon approval of the instructor and the provost. You may not register for additional classes if you have more than two incomplete courses.
- Submission of this form offices begins the process of clearing you to receive your certificate. Once the application for certificate completion form is submitted, the Registrar’s Office will perform a final degree audit to ensure that all course requirements for a certificate have been satisfied. Once the degree audit has been completed, you will be notified of your status and if all requirements are met, then a certificate of completion will be mailed to you. Learn more about NLC’s certificate programs. Students who would like to receive their certificates must submit this form by:
- October 1 for December certificates
- February 15 for June certificates
- May 15 for August certificates
- Submission of this form begins the process of clearing you for graduation. Once the intent to graduate form is submitted, the Registrar’s Office will perform a final degree audit to ensure that all course requirements have been satisfied. Once the degree audit has been completed, you will be notified of your graduation status as well as any information pertaining to the graduation ceremony and receipt of your diploma. Timely submission of this document ensures that the student is able to graduate with his/her classmates. There is a $286 graduation fee, and all outstanding invoices must be paid 30 days prior to graduation.Graduation candidates must complete this form by:
- September 1 for December graduation
- February 1 for June graduation
- June 1 for August graduation
- This authorization allows NLC to use your picture, photograph, and/or voice recording in media. It also acknowledges that our partners may use these materials as well and that you waive the right to have final approval over the materials created. These releases are typically requested when we interview or photograph current and former students for marketing purposes.
- This release allows NLC staff to release student information to the individual(s) specified. For example, if students would like admissions counselors or advisors to be able to speak with spouses or family members about the students’ classes or academic records, this form allows them to do so. This release remains in effect until specifically rescinded by the student.
- At its discretion, National Labor College may provide directory information in accordance with the provisions of the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act of 1974, as amended. Directory information is defined as that information which would not generally be considered harmful or an invasion of privacy if disclosed.Students may withhold directory information by providing the registrar with a “Restriction on Directory Information.” Please consider very carefully the consequences of any decision by you to withhold directory information; any requests for such information from non-institutional persons or organizations will be refused. National Labor College will honor your request to withhold this information but cannot assume responsibility to contact you for subsequent permission to release information.
- The Pass or No Credit option at NLC allows students to take up to two elective classes in their degree program solely for course credit. While the typical letter grade option adds credit as well as contributes to the students cumulative GPA, the Pass/No Credit option only adds to the students total number of credits. Students who do not submit this form will automatically be assigned a letter grade; once this option has been selected it cannot be changed. In order to receive a passing grade, students should receive 75% of the available points in the course.This form must be completed by:
- The first Friday of the term for 7-week courses
- The second Friday of the term for 15-week courses
Note: Students enrolled in Bonnie Ladin Union Skills courses will receive Pass/No Credit automatically. However, if the student is enrolled in a degree program and would like to receive credit they can submit this form before the class starts and elect to complete an extra assignment for the third semester credit.