On Friday, April 26, the National Labor College community will come together to commemorate Workers Memorial Day — a day set aside to honor the memory of workers who have been killed, injured, or made sick on the job.
Please join us for a symposium, “From Mourning to Mass Movements: Garment Workers, Fire Safety, and the International Fight for Social Justice,” in the Auditorium of NLC’s campus in Silver Spring, Maryland, from 1:15-2:45 pm. Invited panelists include:
- Daniel Katz, Dean of Labor Studies, National Labor College
- Peg Seminario, Director of Safety and Health, AFL-CIO
- Cathy Feingold, Director of International Affairs, AFL-CIO
- Tim Ryan, Asia Regional Program Director, Solidarity Center
- Jan Van Tol, National Organizer, United Students Against Sweatshops
Pray for the dead and fight like hell for the living.
Following the symposium, there will be a ceremony at the National Workers Memorial from 3:00-3:45 pm to induct this year’s bricks and bench, which serve as permanent remembrances in honor of our fallen sisters and brothers.
A reception will follow in the Lane Kirkland Conference Center from 3:45-4:30 pm.
For more information, please contact Beth Shannon at 301-431-5413 or firstname.lastname@example.org.